Ok mums or for that matter caregivers everywhere!! Has it been a shock to the system September?? Yes its back to school and Pro-D Days already, conferences, after school juggling schedule madness galore! I don’t know about you but my head is already spinning!
The biggest thing I am hearing on the playground is food food and more food. Whether its what the kids are or are not eating in their lunch or how to stay on top of the nighttime schedule and not fall into the trap of freezer food and junk on the go.
Enter a magical word called SOUP! Yes I know you are snoring but WAKE UP and smell the delicious aroma its everywhere and its anytime!!!!
Two nights ago I decided to try out a classic restaurant showcase on Mark. You know when you get a warm bowl served with something yummy in the bottom and then a jug of delicious soup poured over the top. Well can I just say this is my new favourite way to eat during the fall nights on the go, it was simply and ‘Literally’ delicious!! A curried roasted red pepper and carrot puree poured over blackened chicken with coconut ginger and lime. I know you want this recipe….. well its coming soon so check back follow the blog and try that along with….
So I pose the question????? when is it ok to eat soup???? frankly in my mad world anytime. As I was making dinner last night, my eye caught a pile of fresh vine ripes on the corner of the counter. With some garlic just roasted out of the oven it took maybe 10 minutes to pull off a rich jar of home comfort and tick another future meal off the list. Well this morning I had an ‘ah ha’ moment, why can’t you have soup for breakfast and this is what happened.
Oh yes seriously amazing, it tasted incredible, it was so easy especially having pulled together the key ingredient while I was making another meal…Bonus!
Here is quick recipe you really should try and frankly it can work as breakfast lunch or dinner! P.S there are so many ways to vary this have a field day and post some back to me!! I will make them and share yours to the mums out there desperate for new ideas!!!
You will need
- 2 poached eggs
- thin sliced ham
- a portion of homemade garlicky tomato soup
- salt and pepper
- Simply warm you soup
- under a griddle crisp up thinly sliced ham to create a feathery bacon
- poach 2 eggs
- compile and enjoy !!!! Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner so easy and delicious.
For the soup you will need
- A pile of vine ripe tomatoes (8 approx)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped red onion (or less I like onions)
- 6-8 roasted garlic cloves (if you don’t have time just add some crushed garlic)
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- chopped basil leaves to taste
- In a skillet over a medium temp heat olive oil and then saute onions till translucent (3-5 mins)
- Add all other ingredients and and heat through then turn heat to simmer and simmer for 20 minutes until the tomatoes are soft enough to blend
- Transfer into your Vitamix or blender and blend on soup mode until you have a nice thick puree, then use or store for later.