With three kids so close in age, the thrill of the Easter Bunny is still very real in our house. Lily arrived at 4am with a fever and snuggled in for the rest of the night and by 6 the squeals of delight had started from Hudson and Chloe who had peeked over the banisters to discover that E.B had not forgotten them, leaving a trail of well organized colorful treats sure to satisfy their little sweet teeth.
After a few tugs I knew there was no point in resisting and sprung into action, but first the whistle of a kettle and a strong brew was needed to rouse a sleeping daddy.
After all the eggs were found it was time to line up the treasures whilst mummy whipped up a fun breakfast sneakily made up of healthy ingredients with a good dose of protein to line the bellies before the chocolate feast begun.
Next time you are faced with a similar sugarfest try this fun breakfast and pair with a fruity yoghurt smoothie to line the tummies!
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil or 1/2 cup of butter (if you can, use grassfed)
- 3/4 cup of nut butter (I use almond)
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour (this flour is so light it adds a completely new texture which is just soft and airy)
- 1/2 cup of ground almonds (flour)
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of homemade almond milk
- Beat eggs until fluffy
- Warm butter and nut butter together then when soft / melted blend with eggs
- Mix dry ingredients together and gradually add to butters and vanilla essence
- Stir in milk till the consistency is a smooth thick liquid
- Grease your waffle iron with melted coconut butter or oil, put in the batter and wait for yumminess!!
Enjoy !!!!! with a little Eccentricity from