I always start the morning with my favorite anti-inflammatory tea, its so simple, delicious and stops the immediate urge to reach for a coffee.
Simply peel and cut up 1 inch each of Ginger and Turmeric root, place in a tea infuser along with half a skinned and seeded lemon and a big shake of Cayenne pepper. Steep for 5 minutes and serve. I like to pour it over a chunk of ginger because I personally love the extra fire! I also love to make a huge pot of it and sip it throughout the day.
My goal for the next 3 weeks is to eliminate any potential food groups that can cause inflammation so i’m following an eating plan and recipe ideas from Sarah J. Cuff RHN founder of Eat2Run
Keep checking back to see some great ideas and recipes you can try too.
Today started in full color with a delicious Frittata, I added a little spice with chills flakes to the recipe and topped with some homemade guacamole, organic cherry tomatoes tossed in garlic olive oil, a pinch of sea salt, pepper and a sprinkle of fresh basil leaves, with a couple of rashers of nitrate free turkey bacon…. simply Devine!!
Frittata Makes 4 servings
- 1-2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil or grass fed butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced (or a red or green pepper, diced)
- 1 broccoli stalk, in small florets
- couple handfuls baby spinach
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped (or 2 Tbsp dried)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- dash of fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 8 organic eggs
•(optional) 2 organic sausages, cooked & sliced (or 100g organic, nitrate-free bacon)
•(optional) 2 ounces grated hard grass fed cheese
- Heat oven to 350. Grease a 9-inch pie pan (or line 8 spots in a full size muffin).
- In a large skillet or fry-pan, heat the tablespoon of coconut oil or butter.
- Sauté the onion, zucchini (or bell pepper) and broccoli until soft. Add the spinach, parsley, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast. Saute 2 minutes longer.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together.
- Pour a small amount of egg into the greased pie plate. Spoon the sautéed veggies into the pie plate on top of the egg. Layer the sausage over the veggies, if using. Finally, pour the remainder of the egg evenly over the veggies. If using cheese, sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Finish by broiling for 1-3 minutes. Serve immediately (opt with home fries).
I used my fun shaped mini bundtlette baking pan, its perfect giving a little well to scoop a generous amount of guacamole into. Oh and I always find a little lemon juice gives the finishing touch!