Whats green, lucky, sticky and sweet, well currently Hudson, Chloe and Lily! This weekend we had so much fun making our version of an all time favorite, Rice Krispie treats.
For St Patty’s the multi colored treasures hidden inside boxes of lucky charms are just perfect, just add a splash of green and wait for the squeals of delight, especially when the goo looks just like giant boogers!
What you will need
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 4 cups of marshmallows – I used shaped ones for fun but any work
- 5 cups of Rice Krispie cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon of a flavor of your choice, vanilla or mint to carry on the green theme – optional
- green food coloring
- 1 cup of lucky charms or as many as you can find in a box 🙂
Steps to yummy
- Gentle melt the butter in a large pan ( I used a stir fry pan because its so much easier with kids to have a large surface to add the other bulky items into).
- Add the marshmallows, a handful at a time gentle stirring continuously until the mixture is completely melted.
- Add your food coloring and flavoring (if using) and mix until you get a nice gooey booger looking mixture 🙂
- Move the pan to a cool area and gradually add the Rice Krispies. Then mix in the lucky charms, you may need extras if the kids are helping you as some, somehow get eaten by leprechauns?? Little rascals!
- Smooth into a container, I use a pyrex lasagne pan, and leave to set which is literally no time at all.
- Enjoy with a little excentricity from Literally Life.
“A Good friend is like a four leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have”